MCi has a longstanding history of providing state-of-the-art microwave and RF components for high energy physics (HEP) research. We design, engineer, and manufacture ultra-reliable transmission devices for particle accelerators, linear accelerators (LINACs) and fusion energy machines.
Our extensive microwave and RF products are offered in various configurations with innovative engineering designs, specific to your application. From coaxial transmission lines, to rectangular waveguide products, to components for ultra-high vacuum environments – MCi has the microwave and RF components for your demanding high energy research application.
When precision, superior performance and exceptional quality are of the utmost importance, trust in Micro Communications innovative RF designs and advanced microwave engineering team.
Our HEP product line includes a wide range of transmission equipment that guides energy from the amplifiers to the accelerating cavities. Micro Communications microwave components help push the envelope on how we know what particles exist in the world.
High Energy Physics Capabilities
Micro Communications continues to accompany our partners in the high energy physics sector with research and development of our own. We develop project-specific solutions to enhance the performance of our devices, and to ensure compatibility with other devices or systems. When we work with our high energy physics partners, we learn about the systems and environments to which our components are applied. This helps us understand the application and design suitable products fit to our customers needs.
Our capabilities for high energy physics research include:
• ISO Class 5 Clean Room
• Advanced microwave engineering & product development
• UHV-compatible products for the vacuum environment
• Client base: domestic and international synchrotrons, LINACs, light sources, universities, national laboratories, research facilities
• Specialty in high power, low frequency waveguide components: WR1150, WR1500, WR1800, WR2100, WR2300
• Facility capabilities: Electrical Test & Assembly Lab
• Low-level RF measurements – 3kHz to 40 GHz
• DC high-pot testing, high pressure testing
• Rigorous Quality Management System
• RoHS compliant components
• ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100D Certified
Microwave components are utilized in various research practices within the high energy physics marketplace. Many test laboratories engage in research pursuits that demand microwave energy. Subsequently, most large-scale scientific laboratories utilize a myriad of MCi components – from transmission tube (round coaxial, rectangular rigid and flexible waveguide), to circulators, isolators and switches, among many others.
Microwave components for high energy physics research are lengthened throughout labs, spanning from the microwave source to the cavity. High energy physics experiments most commonly takes place at scientific research facilities, such as national laboratories and universities.
The common fields of study at such institutions include:
• Neutron Research
• Particle Physics
• Nuclear Physics
• Medical Research
• Rare Isotope Research
• Basic Energy Research
• Energy Security & Storage
• Photon Sciences
• Bioscience & Quantum Science
• Renewable Energy Research
• Accelerator Science & Technology
• Fusion Research
• Electron Sources Research
• X-Ray Sciences
• Ultraviolet Light & Laser Experiments
• Sustainability & Environmental Science
• Basic Plasma Science
• Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology
• Plasma Astrophysics
• Nuclear Astrophysics
Microwave Techniques: Components for HEP
The components we design, particular to the high energy physics sector, are manufactured to stringent requirements. The team at Microwave Techniques works with dozens of HEP partners, and we help them navigate the demanding nature of their projects by developing innovative RF and microwave components.
To discuss your specific RF project, or to learn more about microwave component development for high energy physics, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to partnering with you!